FAMILY SUPPORT PROJECT
SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT
Raising a preschooler with disabilities poses unique child rearing challenges. You begin a journey that takes you into a world filled with strong emotion, interaction with countless professionals and specialists, financial burdens you hadn’t anticipated, and sometimes isolation from friends and relatives whose journey does not parallel yours. Your life includes Individual Education Programs (IEPs,) Multi-factored Evaluations (MFEs,) and special education laws that you never knew existed.
The Special Needs Family Support Project is here to support you as you travel different roads and learn new skills. Thanks to a generous grant from United Way, the Special Needs Family Support Project is able to provide information and support to families raising preschoolers with disabilities. All services are provided at no cost to participants. For additional information, contact Holly Palda at (email@example.com) or call 216-921-2023.
Music Therapy & Play
- Family Fun Music Therapy & Play Program Join Ellen Mann, MT-BC (Music therapist), and Holly Palda LISW & Mentor to families of children with special needs, for a 6 week music therapy and play group designed to model and teach families strategies to promote their child's social, communication and behavior skills.
- April 17th, 24th, May 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 PM
- Families will attend a cultural event at the conclusion of the program that has been generously supported by Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.
- Pre-Registration is required and attendance at all six sessions is expected for those who sign up!
- Call (216) 921-2023 Register now! class size is limited